Moove is on a mission to build the largest mobility fintech for emerging markets. Our starting point is a technology-enabled lending model to radically transform the availability of auto finance and vehicles for on-demand ridesharing services across tier 1 African cities. By doing so, Moove is creating sustainable jobs for mobility entrepreneurs in the mobility sector.
What You’ll be Doing
● Develop launch and operational strategies to ensure PMF
● Devise pricing and product strategies in collaboration with the Strategy & Planning team
● Set-up, Lead, and Scale Moove's business operations in the geography
● Handling escalations and managing conflict resolutions with our customers
● Planning, processing, and executing approved vehicle purchases through our partner
● Ensuring fleet operations are in compliance with local and state rules and regulations.
● Ensuring vehicles are maintained properly.
● Registering and licensing all vehicles under their management.
● Finding ways to cut costs and maximise profits.
● Managing the safety and compliance functions.
● Contributing to the budgeting process from a Fleet Operations perspective.
● Liaising with peers within the region & company to share knowledge and optimise
● Monitoring driver behaviour and ensuring a high level of customer service.
● Analysing data to increase business operational efficiency.
● Lead deployment and quality of supply chain (i.e. Moove Driver-partners)
● Collaborate with marketing teams to initiate creative local strategies and user growth campaigns
What You will need for this position
● Degree in Logistics or Mechanical Engineering or Management.
● Ideally 10+ years of similar experience in logistics or supply functions in startups
● Candidates must have excellent communication skills
● Candidates must have strong negotiation skills
● Outstanding organisational skills.
● Analytical mindset and good problem-solving skills.
● Candidates will be subject to analytical test prior to interviews
● Candidates must be tech-savvy and datacentric.
● MBA will be a preferred, but not a mandatory requirement
● Growth mindset to scale up products and new geographies
●Monthly P&L output - Actuals vs Targets
● Weekly Fleet Utilisation % of the fleet - Actuals vs Targets
● Driver Full Deposits in hand
● NPA %
● Monthly Recovery % against fleet size
● Cash Collection % against receivables
● City Driver Partner satisfaction score
● Fleet Safety - Telematics & Cameras
● Overall Fleet Growth
Who You'll Be Working with:
Directly reporting to our Regional General Manager, and closely working with our Operations Team.
About the team
Our team is collaborative, positive, curious, and engaged. We think fast, work smart, laugh often, and are looking for like-minded people to join us in our mission to disrupt vehicle ownership and make financial freedom within reach.
Moove is strongly committed to diversity within its community. The Company’s approved Employment Equity Plan and Targets will be considered as part of the recruitment process. As an Equal Opportunities employer, we welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently.
Pre-hiring Notice: Moove relies on the accuracy of information contained in employment applications, as well as the accuracy of other data presented throughout the hiring process and during employment. Any misrepresentations, falsifications, or material omissions in any information or data provided by an applicant may result in the applicant being excluded from further consideration for employment or if an individual has already been hired, termination of employment.
EEO Statement: Moove is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, political affiliation or any other protected characteristic.
Moove: Moove is a mobility asset finance company and Uber's preferred fleet partner across Sub-Saharan Africa. Our Vision is to democratise financial services to make our customers more productive and successful. Our Core values are Compassion, Excellence, Innovation, Teamwork, Trust and Ownership.